Confidential, Immediate, Free Help
Victim/Witness Services has helped hundreds of victims and witnesses each year through crisis and the criminal justice process. We oversee programs providing outreach, advocacy and support to the victims of crimes in Coconino County. We can offer:
- Crisis Intervention
- At the hospital, police station, in person, and over the phone.
- Immediate crisis intervention and emergency services are provided on-scene to victims and witnesses of crime twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Criminal Justice Advocacy
- We can help you understand your rights as a victim and guide you through the entire criminal justice process by attending court hearings with you or on your behalf and contacting law enforcement and prosecutors for case updates.
- Resources and Referrals
- We can refer you to shelters, counseling, medical care, civil assistance, rental and utility assistance, transportation assistance, and more for individuals and families in crisis.
- Crime Victim Compensation
- A program that can assist with medical bills, mental health counseling, lost wages, funeral expenses, and mileage.
- Community Outreach & Training
- VWS participates in community outreach activities to promote awareness of services and provide education. VWS provides no-cost trainings addressing the issues of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault Awareness, Victim’s Rights, Victim Witness Services and other issues as requested.
These services are offered 24/7, completely FREE of charge, and are all confidential. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status or religion. See our programs to find out more, or contact us if you are in need of help.